2000 Ducati 748/916 For Sale
This Ducati 748 is a frame-up restoration of a classic Tamburini-designed Superbike. When I bought this bike, with 20K plus miles, this 748 had seen a hard life. The goal was to rebuild the bike completely from the ground up. As part of this project, the engine, which was seized, needed a complete rebuild and was upgraded with 916 parts. See below for some of the highlights.
1) Restored mechanically and cosmetically to “rider” condition.
2) Engine rebuilt to 916 specification and dyno tuned.
3) Suspension rebuilt front and rear by Race Tech.
4) Brake calipers rebuilt, new pads installed.
5) Complete servicing done including all filters, fluids and adjustments.
6) Fresh clutch including new plates.
7) Restored from a bare frame, many photos to document the build.
8) Body work restored/repainted to original with all OE panels.
9) Close ratio transmission fitted; 14/38 final drive.
It has a new battery, gold drive chain, air filters, fuse box and a metal fuel level sensor nut (the stock plastic ones crack). Many of the standard parts were replaced by new parts from the dealer (turn signals, levers, hand grips, etc.). Additionally, the 748 comes with the original tools and owner’s manual, Arrow mufflers and a Power Commander III installed. Rear stand is not included. The current tires are Dunlop 616s; other tire options are available.
Maintaining the stock “748” appearance is part of the bike’s character. It belies the extra performance available with the 916 engine. One result of this sympathetic restoration is that the bike’s history and character remain etched in the patina.
This bike needs nothing as all the service is up to date. Just ride and enjoy. See the complete build story here:
Click on the arrows <> below to see the full gallery.